Scuba Diving in Andaman: A Quick Guide to Explore Marine life.
Who wouldn't want to visit an island with a fresh, clean, and crystal clear beach? Well, everyone loves to. So don't miss touring to "Jewel of Indian Ocean - ANDAMAN." Before you visit Andaman, refer to our quick guide to explore marine activities.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands have the tag of cleanest beaches of Blue waters. That’s why this Union territory receives approx 4.3 million tourists over the year. Pristine beaches and beautiful marine life makes it the preferred destination for beach lovers.
Andaman is proud to boast about Radhanagar Beach in Havelock which is recognized as the top aesthetic beach in Asia.
Andaman & Nicobar is the cluster of islands. One can take quick ferry rides to explore the islands within tourist attractions. Due to its natural beautiful waters Andaman offers safe yet adventurous water sports, some of them are snorkelling, water scooter rides, Kayaking, and Scuba Diving.
The small guide has everything to know about Scuba diving in Andaman and Nicobar island. Let's have a look
Scuba Diving in Andaman:-
Andaman has the best marine life, it offers adventurous marine activities, one such is scuba diving.
Diving into the deep sea and experiencing the realm of Natural marine life is the dream of every beach lover. Here Andaman’s clean Bluewater offers you the best experience of Scuba diving.
Why Andaman is best for Scuba Diving ?
Diving deep into the crystal clear water is one of the mesmerising and exciting sports to explore marine life. Andaman has international certified divers to assist you with the activity. Andaman gives you the best scuba diving experience as the clear blue sea has a variety of flora and fauna within just 3 feet depth.
Best time for scuba diving in Andaman and Nicobar:-
Does your best diving experience depend on how suitable the climatic conditions are there?
Yes, Scuba diving in Andaman is an evergreen water sport but some climatic conditions or sea moments adversely affect this activity.
Preferably, October to May is the best time for scuba diving in Andaman and Nicobar Island.
Best Places for Scuba diving in Andaman and Nicobar Island:-
Andaman and Nicobar have a Queue of Islands that are suitable for Scuba Diving but some top picks are here.
These are the three best places for Scuba Diving in Andaman and Nicobar Island:-
1) North Bay at Port Blair: - North Bay at Port Blair is the best place for Scuba Diving in Andaman and Nicobar. This small beach offers the best Crystal clear water and a rich population of corals that makes it the best scuba diving in Andaman. Spend a whole day for a short training and then experience the best Scuba Diving experience in Andaman.
2) Nemo reef at Havelock Island:- Nemo reef at Havelock Island or Swaraj Dweep offers the best combination of clear blue water and low water currents. That’s why Nemo Reef gives an engaging diving experience even for a newbie.
3) Bharatpur Beach at Neil Island: - Bharatpur Beach of Neil Island can mesmerise you with its lush green forests and deep transparent waters. This is also on the top list of Scuba divers who want to explore a rich coral life.
Scuba diving course for first-timers:-
There is the day introductory course mandatory for all scuba divers to prepare them.
Discover scuba diving (DSD):- This One-day introductory course includes three-step diving practice to make you feel comfortable to take a deep dive into the clear blue Andaman Sea.
Step 1:- Theory course to know about all the methods of scuba diving. In this theory course, you will know about all the equipment that can be used during Scuba diving.
Step 2:- Practice to perform in swallow water with your instructor.
Step 3:- Ready to Dive - Now you are ready to go deep into the sea with your instructor and can explore the sea within 12 meters deep or 40 feet. Now, it depends on you or the conditions that your instructor decides how deep you can go in a one-hour scuba diving?
Dive sites chosen by the dive schools are mostly clean, away from the hustle, and have very calm conditions that are perfect for even first-time divers.
Here GoExplore Andaman offers the best diving training for newcomers who want to dive freely. Our certified trainers have experience in coping up with every unexpected situation. The safety and security of our customers are our priority.
PADI certified scuba diving: - (Professional Association of Diving programs) PADI is the internationally recognized diving association that gives certification to the driving schools for a safe and secure driving course. Generally, diving schools have PADI certification to run their paid scuba diving training course and are safe and authorized for it.
Types of Scuba diving:-
Two Scuba diving types are offered by diving schools.
1) Boat DSD: - Diving into the sea by taking a boat to the best Scuba diving point.
2) Shore DSD: - directly walk into the Shore to explore the coral world.
Both are safe and give you the majestic experience of natural underwater life.
You can do scuba diving even if you can’t swim. Swimming is not required for Scuba diving all you need is a fit body with no health problems.
Here is what to check before finalizing your dates for a sporty Andaman and Nicobar trip:-
1) Weather - As Andaman and Nicobar is coastal region, their climatic conditions are purely hot and humid. Officially there are no winters, only summer, and rainy seasons but heavy rains or cyclones can disturb your relaxing vacation. So, check the weather conditions before prior booking.
2) Online Booking: - For scuba diving in Andaman online booking is the only way to beat all the hustle and permit checks. Book your hotels and other visits in advance to avoid any hustle. It is recommended to book your tour plan through a professional tour agent or company. As they will arrange all the pre-requisites for you in advance.
3) Covid precautions- Have your RT PCR negative test report within 72 hours to avoid frequent testing. Every beach entry or diving school management surely checks your test report before any activity. If any tourist tests positive during the stay he/ she should undergo self-isolation and should pay all the expenses.
4) Vaccinate: Two doses of vaccination is preferable since Andaman island is covid free place. It’s good to get a shot and plan your travel in order to avoid further complications.
Final say:- Andaman assures the safe yet adventure thrilling sport Scuba Diving. We have best certified who provide proper guidance and full safety. As you directly dive into the vast sea, safety and knowledge of coral life are crucial to avoid any accidental touch or harm to nature or yourself.
So, choose the best diving school or tour package for the best diving experience. Here GoExplore Andaman offers you the best Andaman tour package inclusive Scuba diving. Their camping tour or customised Andaman’s tour plans are best and reliable for this adventurous trip.
Travel Blogger -Travel whenever you can, life is short to think twice.