Be aware Take care
- Home >
On arrival at Port Blair
- 1. The tourists need to carry COVID-19 negative report from mainland based ICMR approved lab using Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RTPCR). However, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to starting the journey from the origin station. (For e.g. if the tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1st January, 2021, the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th December, 2020).
- No institutional or home quarantine is required to be observed if the tourist has tested negative in RTPCR test at ICMR approved lab.
- Those tourists who are carrying RTPCR test report need not get tested again, for subsequent travel to or return from Shaheed Dweep and/ or Swaraj Dweep.
- However in case any symptoms are developed, the tourist should immediately report to the nearest PHC / CHC and thereafter necessary testing will be done, as advised by Doctors.
- It is reiterated that travel to North and Middle Andaman Islands, Nicobar group of islands and Little Andaman Island is not permitted for tourism purposes, till further orders. In case tourist tests Positive for COVID-19 during stay
- If the tourist tests positive during stay in the Islands, he/ she will need to undergo institutional isolation as per existing health protocols. The cost of such isolation for govt. facility will be paid by the tourist as fixed by the administration from time to time. (Presently Rs. 1000 /- for isolation at ITI Dollygunj COVID Ward).
- If the patient wants to stay at hotels, he/she can stay in the hotels if all
the conditions below are met:
a) Patients are not symptomatic and not more than 60 years old.
b) Request/undertaking is made by patient in writing.
c) If allowed by doctors
- . Hotels will make necessary arrangement to designate a part of their rooms for institutional isolation for this purpose.
For travel to Shaheed Dweep and Swarat Dweep